International game studio "Eschatology Entertainment" is inviting a Level Designer to collaborate on creating an AAA-level first-person shooter for PC/Consoles, without F2P mechanics. Our team is made up of strong professionals who have developed and released world-famous games.
We can provide an opportunity to develop and grow in different directions. We have more than 50 specialists, not counting outsource and outstaff.
We are looking for new colleagues to join our team.
What are you working on?
- The name of the project(s): Hardcore Shooter,
- At what stage of the project(s)? Vertical Slice
- Genres: Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Console
Team size and structure?
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
• Designing game levels from concept to completion
• Working closely with the Game Deign team to ensure gameplay is consistent across all levels
• Maintaining pacing, timing, sightlines and landmarks as key design elements when laying out levels
• Collaborating with the Level Artists to help implement environmental settings and aesthetics
• Working with Technical Artists and Engineering to help identify issues that may arise in development
• Working with the Producer to ensure that levels are on time for delivery into production
• Implementing and balancing battle encounters
• Documenting and maintaining level direction and production targets
• Analytical, creative and a keen eye for the finer details
What kind of professional are we looking for?
• Level design experience in 3D AAA - AA video games
• Solid understanding of various game engine environment editors and scripting tools, including Unreal Engine 4 or 5
• Knowledge of various support tools such as Miro, Jira and Confluence
• Ability to listen to design problems, take a step back and take action toward creating a more memorable gaming experience
• A proven problem solver with an analytical mind and critical thinking, able to collaborate within a team-oriented environment
• Good communication skills in English
What are the conditions and bonuses?
• Work format: remote (from home)
• Trial period: 3 months
• Type of employment: 40-hour work week
• Flexible schedule with mandatory attendance hours from 12:00 to 16:00 (Cyprus)
• Medical insurance
• 24 working days paid vacation
• Corporate holidays:
• 3 paid day-offs per quarter (replacing public holidays as our employees work from different countries)
• Sick days upon request to the team lead
• Corporate events and meetings with our amazing team
The selection process
• Decision is made quickly
• Interview with the HR, then with the Lead
• Language skills